Ressurection Makies

Yep 5 months since my last post, but I do have a valid excuse.
My husband suffers from Parkinsons with associated dementia so have spent time making sure he has the aids to assist him daily and generally settling him into the new house and area.
All went well and I was just getting into making when he had a fall and broke the top of the femur. Spent 6 weeks in hospital which was a terribly traumatic experience for a dementia sufferer. He is home now and has become a demon on the wheely-walker! Am currently working my way through the paperwork for the Home Care package he has been allocated. Thank you Federal Government!

Ipswich is a town west of Brisbane and established in the mid 1800 and has the most wonderful timber cottages and federation and grand victorian buildings. When I get some me time will be out with the camera - have some ideas bubbling away in my head over these architectural beauties.

So, have I actually made anything?



Starting off with some rustic over-the-top ancient artifact earrings! OK made these a while ago and thought they were a little too totally unhinged. But apparently not.



Some ceramic decal earrings. The camera went cross eyed trying to focus.


A little bit of fold forming and autumnal enamel


Experiment with graphite powder. Great effect! Frustratingly uncontrollable! One more for the unhinged department


My minimalist abstract asymmetrical earrings - Oh Wait - Bad Greer


Some Sweet Tweets


Some edgy goodness with overfired white enamel with cupric oxide and graphite.

More earrings? Why not


Some sooooo cute little Echidna earrings. Ceramic decals made from my drawings.
And still in an Aussie icon mode. . . .


Banksia Pod earrings.


A taste of honey


Decals and micro beads


A desert vibration happening here. Tried a matte finish. Looks great but damn! harder to photograph than gloss.

Bought some more enamels in moody dark colours so decided to be much more controlled with the designs.

Warning:- more earrings!



Still working the same colour palette


Uh oh organics starting to creep in


Yep fallen off the controlled wagon.

Can she get back on again?


Yeah! Like these. My secret graphite recipe and hand drawn design

Ok have your eyes glazed over with all this earlobe adornment goodness? Is you bum numb?

Well your reward is some necklaces.


This one worked better in my mind. I forsee a rework in my future.


This one is also a possible rework


Down in the undergrowth. Hand drawn grasshopper hand sawing and handmade chain.

OK your screen has been returned and you may return to your normal program :)




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful works Greer.
    Hard to choose a favourite, but the graphite pieces are truly wonderful. Happy new year to you, and all the best in getting the home care sorted.

    ReplyDelete