Art Bead Scene Challenge

I have been following some of the Art Bead Scene monthly challenges and love the idea of having a set theme and seeing all the different interpretations of that theme. The challange for August is based of the wonderful Japanese woodcut print
"Great Wave off Kanagawa."

I have toyed with submitting to previous challenges, but always developed cold feet and let them slip by. This time I have made up my mind to have a go, after all no one bites!
I was attracted to the limited cool palette and the movement. So here is my interpretation of the block print.
The focal is glazed polymer clay with blue-grey seed beads, blue howlite rondelles, bronze pearl spacers, lapis cubes, vintaj chain and closer.
This necklace would look just great with denim and soft greys - all it needs is a name any ideas? How does Denim grab you?

To see the other entries go here

No comments:

Post a Comment